Education in its general sense is a form of learning in which the knowledge, skills, and habits of a group of people are transferred from one generation to the next through teaching, training, or research. For us, as teachers, our daily work involves institutionalized teaching and learning in relation to a curriculum but we can’t forget that any experience that has a formative effect on the way one thinks, feels, or acts may be considered educational. It’s here where our Erasmus+ project fits, preparing students for life as active citizens.


This is the blog specially created for the ERASMUS+ project called It's my life, it's my choice Here there are the 5 EUROPEAN schools working together in this challenger adventure:

1- The Coordinating school: LAUDIO BHI from Laudio (SPAIN)
2.- GROTIUSCOLLEGE, Delft (The Netherlands)
3.- NORGARDENSKOLAN, Uddevalla (Sweden)
4.- CELALETTIN TOPCU ANADOLU LISESI, Çanakkale (Turkey)
5.- LYCEE AORAI, Pirae (French Polynesia)



Tuesday 9 June 2015

Basque Team in UDDEVALLA (May 2015)


" My experience in Sweden was amazing in all the senses. I learnt a lot there, but not just in the sense of learning English or other cultures. I have learnt how to accept different people,… how to overcome to be far away from home and resist to the desire to return there. How to swallow the surprise of finding something you expected different.


 It’s been so great to meet people I was looking forward to meet after months contacting them by social networks, and to meet others I had never seen before, but that were very nice at the same time.
I have learnt to be patient. Because things are not how they begin, they’re how they end. Maybe it wasn’t the first impression and you just have to wait, maybe a day or two or maybe, more, but finally something happens, something changes your mind,
maybe just a laugh or a simple look, or a stupid joke, something that makes you connect with somebody you thought you hadn’t anything in common, just because you hoped another thing and you closed your eyes to new things, but that moment is when you realize you’re starting to feel you’re home. It’s been a pleasure to be there and to know I may have done friends for life or at least I’ve met people. I will never ever forget. I’ve seen a different and beautiful country and live that experience with friends who I can now consider family. Much fun and great moments. I’ll keep for the rest of my life and that I hope to live again someday." By Paula Rodríguez

"I travelled to Sweden in May 2015. This trip was a very good experience for me. I had an enjoyable and nice week in Uddevalla. I met many students from different countries and I had the chance to learn other cultures and languages. I improved my English, we had many activities like cooking a Swedish "kanelbullar", have a picnic, visit a zoo, stroll in a boat...Iearnt a lot of things from this project. .../... I like my host family, Ellinor, the family the sister,... they were so nice and sweet !!! I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU!!!"  By Maider Martín

"My experience about our trip to Sweden has been very special. Before going there I thought that these kind of trips were only to practice Englsh, but after going there, now,  I think that they are much more things than just practicing a foreign language.
I have been living  a week whith a very polite and special family and I have learnt a lot from their way of life and from the Swedish culture. I've also made friends from all over the world and learnt a lot of things about them and the way they are.
In my opinion this project is more than just going to another country and live with them, it is a trip that helps you to know how people and things are like out of your own country. I'll remember it all my life." By Julen García



I think I had a really good opportunity going to Uddevalla (Sweden), it has been a perfect week making new friends, having good time… and a good experience I will never forget. I have learnt a lot of things there, I haven’t only practiced English, I met people from other countries I didn’t know before and I learnt more about their cultures, languages, free time…

          
The first day, when we arrive to Uddevalla, I was all the time quiet, I was as a shy person. But while days passed I realized that the trip was for enjoying, practicing English and meeting people from other countries. A teacher that went with students from The Basque Country to Sweden said to us: “You are very lucky to come here. You have to enjoy it to the limit because days pass quickly and the last day you won’t want to return home”. She was quite right.
Sweden is a beautiful place to visit, with amazing landscapes and people. I recommend it. 
What can I say about the family? They are very nice, all the time asking me if I would like something and doing things with me to be more comfortable. I’ve made big friendships with some people, especially with my host girl, Linnea. She’s amazing in all the senses. Linnea is like the older sister I have never had. 
When I left Sweden I feel so bad because I won’t be able to see my new friends for a long time. I’d like to return to Sweden.
                                                                           By Eukene Picaza.

No comments:

Post a Comment